The essence of foiling.
HA780 will be available for purchase in January.
Building on the legacy of our first HA (high aspect) foils initially released in 2021, the all-new HA range offers an unprecedented combination of rippability, easy pumping and endless glide that expands the potential of intermediate to expert surf, downwind and wing foilers. Seven sizes - 580, 680, 780, 880, 980, 1080, 1180cm2 - deliver a full quiver of options. The new HA range is the essence of foiling.
Best of both worlds.
A newly developed section shape, outline and profile give the HA range a remarkable “best of both worlds” ability to carve beautiful lines and easily stay high in the pumping power zone for maximum wave riding potential. The foil section is adjusted incrementally at points across the wingspan (evolutive section shape) to provide a big boost to gliding efficiency and consistent lift at various bank angles and flight speeds. For those already riding the previous generation Armstrong HA range, we recommend downsizing one foil size, for example: from the older HA925, move to the new HA880 to maintain familiar pumpability with a substantial overall performance increase.
- High aspect ratio
- Aspect ratio (AR) 9.63-9.8 across the sizes
- Broad size range
- Seven sizes from 580 to 1180cm2 for intermediate through expert surf, downwind and wing foilers.
- Evolutive section shape
- The section shape is tweaked at various stations across the span for hyper-optimised water flow.
- Flat profile
- Enables responsive turning in carves, even at wider wingspans.
Toray carbon fibre
- Built from premium Toray high and intermediate modulus carbon fibre for exceptional stiffness and light weight.
- Our proprietary connection system offers industry-leading strength, durability and modularity.
Built for progression
High aspect foils experience extreme torsional forces in the water, especially when carving. We’ve crafted the HA range from premium Toray high and intermediate modulus carbon fibre for an ultra strong, stiff and lightweight foil that performs exceptionally under the feet of intermediate to expert riders. The consistency of this layup when combined with our industry-leading manufacturing quality provides the best in performance and durability.
To make the right choice, check out the Armstrong Foil and Wing Size Charts :
- Wing Size Chart
- Foil Chart